Stoneybrook Farm is proud to have an IEA (Interscholastic Equestrian Association) team. This is a great opportunity for riders in grades 6-12 to improve their riding and develop skill through competition. The show season usually runs from October until May. Travel is involved.
The objectives of IEA are:
- To promote the equestrian as an athlete
- To provide students with organized competitive opportunities.
- To introduce new riders to equine sports.
- To promote the IEA among middle, and secondary schools.
- To provide students with opportunities for further education equine sports and other equine-related matters.
- To encourage liaison with USA Equestrian, Inc, IHSA and other interested bodies
- To provide information concerning the creation and development of school associated mounted and non-mounted equestrian programs.
- To establish and enforce IEA rules, standards and policies
- To evolve with the continuing progress of equestrian sports.
- To generally promote the common interests of safe riding instruction and competition and education on matters related to the horse industry and all segments thereof.
One of the best parts of an IEA show, is that the hosting barn/location will provide the horses and all their tack. The only thing we need to bring is our show clothing and a great attitude.We are very excited about offering this program at our local barn. More Information about IEA can be found on their website at www.rideiea.org.